More information coming soon! Please check back frequently.
This year-long campaign launching in March, 2021 will support libraries in helping their communities to grapple with division caused by a fractured and challenging media landscape.
The goals of the campaign are to help library staff learn about:
- How people navigate the media and information landscape, and the forces in play within that landscape that influence people’s navigation
- How we as information consumers can build reflection and intentionality into our information consumption
- Concrete strategies and practices for library staff to work with their communities on intentional approaches to information consumption
Campaign partners will organize and lead a series of online webinars and conversations, and gather existing tools and resources for sharing. The campaign will include:
- Invited speakers external to the library community on topics such as misinformation, filter bubbles, radicalism, and media literacy.
- An open invitation for speakers from within the library community on best practices in information literacy instruction and programming.
- A collection of resources, organized on Level Up: https://levelupmn.org/mn-library-media-literacy-resources/